Your contribution will go right to work supporting:
- Spiritual outreach and visits to 1,000 men, women and youth incarcerated in the Milwaukee County Jail awaiting trial.
- Gender-specific harm reduction treatment, education, counseling and job preparation for 200 women in conflict with the law.
- Teams of men and women from the Community Justice Day Reporting Center serving families and neighborhoods harmed by crime.
- Construction of effective community sentencing plans instead of prison for the offenders.
- Citizen action to establish a model Community Justice Center to demonstrate safe, effective jail diversion and prison return for neighborhood residents.
Spread the Word
Help us grow by letting others know about the Benedict Center. Share your enthusiasm about our mission with like-minded friends and family.
Volunteer OpportunitiesThe Benedict Center offers many volunteer opportunities including advocacy, jail ministry, fund development, communications, marketing, or service on a board committee.
Become a Friend of the Benedict Center! The organization operates solely to serve and support the Benedict Center's programs and provides services and materials which are most urgently and currently needed.
Speakers BureauReach out with your voice! You can schedule presentations for your church or organization on restorative and community justice, current justice issues, SAM (Sentencing Advocacy in Milwaukee), the Milwaukee County Jail, jail ministry, the work of the Benedict Center and more. Contact our general email account for more information.